SV: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: More 1:32 stuff on Shapeways

  • Hans Hammarsten
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2013
    Hello Ernst,
    Your Schöma looks realy good, a week ago I got my Gminder 1/32.
    I will probably order some more, I think your loco loks a bit better then mine
    as mine is a different material.

    Best regards
    Hans

    Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2013
      Hi Ernst
      Thanks a lot for making images of the 3D Schoema available. I can only echo what Hans said of the model. It looks fine, although the transparent material makes it hard to gauge the surface structure. But I have seen what I need to see. I'm convinced enough to buy a model myself.

      Yesterday afternoon I even checked my wartime Danish handbook on how to mount and operate gas generators. I am now updated as to what size the wood will have to be chopped to work best in the generator, how to light the fire at the beginning of the work day and a lot of other trivial points regarding gas generators (not to forget that the gas from the generator is highly toxic – never start the generator indoor!).

      Even checked some of my old photographs from the Oekoven museum, where a preserved loco like Ernst's model is preserved. Is the loco at Oekoven operational, Ernst?

    • Ernst Gmx Pfeffer
      Message 3 of 16 , Aug 5, 2013
        Dear Claus,

        I don't know wether you can read a bit of German ? The pioneer in Woodgas was Mr. Imbert, who produced most of the ones used in Germany, as well as the one of the Schoema. Here are some interesting pages about his work, at least the drawings should be of interest for you:

        Happy research :-)
        Ernst

[...]

      • Claus
        Message 4 of 16 , Aug 6, 2013
          Ernst
          I read and speak German while my written German isn't much to celebrate! I Denmark German is introduced in 7 th. grade. Thanks for the links that complemented my Danish book on the subject. I have the resin kit of a Imbert gas generator from Calibre 35. A very nice kit that is designed for the Opel Blitz lorry. With a bit of adjustment it will fit any lorry from the period.

          I have ordered a Schöma from Shapeways. I'm looking forward to try this style of modelling. I imagine that there will be some work involved in getting the model ready for painting even though your images look very promising.

        • Ernst Gmx Pfeffer
          Message 5 of 16 , Aug 6, 2013
            Dear all,

            here are two different models of the famous WW II German Army Dieselloco HF 50:

            https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=HF+50+in+1%3A35

            As I am happy with the Schoema from the same designer I will give it a chance as well.

            (By the way - I do not know the designer personally nor do I have any financial interests in the hole thing.)

            Regards
            Ernst
          • ernstpfeffer
            Message 6 of 16 , Aug 17, 2013
              I have recently received both my models from shapeway:

              it is the original version of the HF 50 with the low cab for bunker use and a post war civilized version with a higher cab, used on the forest network in Reichraming. This loco is preserved in austria now.

              a have uploaded 8 photos of these to my "schoema woodgas" file. Have a look !

              I must say I am as happy with these models as I was with the shoema. Even the very outstanding brake lever is perfectly modelled.

              Regards
              Ernst

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Ernst Gmx Pfeffer <ernst.pfeffer@...> wrote:

              > Dear all,
              >
              > here are two different models of the famous WW II German Army Dieselloco HF 50:
              >

              > https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=HF+50+in+1%3A35
              >

              > As I am happy with the Schoema from the same designer I will give it a chance as well.
              >
              > (By the way - I do not know the designer personally nor do I have any financial interests in the hole thing.)
              >

              > Regards
              > Ernst

            • Claus
              Message 7 of 16 , Aug 20, 2013
                Hi Ernst
                The models look good. I am looking forward to see them primed - not to mention fitted with wheels and engines!