RE: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: 3D printed models of WW1 simplex loco approx 1/35scale

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
      For all you fella's out there, looking for something different, Bachmann has just released a 50t
      Whitcomb centre cab with outside cranks in On30 so converting it to a bigger scale should be pretty
      easy.
      <http://www.bachmanntrains.net/Catalogs/2013/NMRA_2013.pdf>

      Brian
      Qld. Aust.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2013
        Brian
        Very nice loco. And it could be rebuilt into a 1:35 loco. Could be fun seeing it thrashing its way along the track with rods and cranks going up and down. Unfortunately Nystrup Gravel is a small railway and this loco seems to be rather large...

        Thanks for the tip anyway.

        > For all you fella's out there, looking for something different, Bachmann has just released a 50t
        > Whitcomb centre cab with outside cranks in On30 so converting it to a bigger scale should be pretty
        > easy.
        > <http://www.bachmanntrains.net/Catalogs/2013/NMRA_2013.pdf>
      • rd_etropal
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23, 2013
          I say approx, because there is always someone who says something is not right if you say exact. Also a lot of military models seem to have been flexible between 1/32 and 1/35.
          Notice a lot of interest in WW1 at the moment, not surprising really, and some of the large scale tank models have already been 'critised' for being based on preserved versions with later mods.
          I am more interested in capturing the spirit of a model, rather than making it absolutely accurate and in war time not every machine was identical .
          I suppose I could expand model to 1/32, but difference in size is not that much, and then track would need to be upped to 18.75mm.