RE: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Skip

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 107 , May 24, 2013
      Just for an update fella's, I have pretty much completed the artwork for the O&K skip in 1/32 scale,
      I have designed the chassis as per prototype, however I have added a feature for those that may want
      to use the Link & Pin coupling style, I have made a horizontal slot in the buffer face which is 6mm.
      Wide by 1.2mm. High, for those that may want to use Kadee type couplings they can file these slot
      out a bit higher and insert the Kadee coupling shank in and pin it with the same hole as the link &
      pin coupling arrangement, for those that want to have just the dumb buffer and use either 1 link or
      a 3 link arrangement overhead, the is a special piece provided to solder or glue into the slot on
      the buffer face to plug the slot and just file it off smooth.

      With regards to the axleboxes, if you have the PDF catalogue as below on page 33 in fig:3083, is the
      type of axlebox they the skips will have, they will be a fold-up from a flat sheet of brass, and 3
      other smaller pieces will insert into them and a short piece of brass tube to complete, the brass
      tube will act as the bearing, and these axleboxes will except James Coldicott's wheels with a 28mm.
      Axle, this means they will be a "slipper" type bearing, which will work out better especially when
      you are using fiddley types of couplings, as the bearings will offer a little more resistance then
      pin point bearings, however the hole in the back of the axlebox will be 2.5mm. Dia. So if you wanted
      to fit pin point bearings you could if you are using a gauge less then 19.05mm..
      The axleboxes will fit to the frame using 2 sewing pins on each axlebox and a 'etched nut' will be a
      press tight fit onto these pins, and cut the excess of the pin off, that means no soldering or
      gluing near the wheels, as the wheels have to be fitted to the axleboxes before attaching to the
      chassis.
      <http://www.zelmeroz.com/album_rail/euro/misc/O&K-Cat600.pdf>

      The tipper body I am going to do 2 types, one is the earlier type as per the drawing [on page 39
      Fig: 3106] of the catalogue, the later type will be a different type of tipping operation with a
      locking handle as per this drawing:-
      <http://www.baggermeyer.de/_b/wagen/muki/Z_muki_0-75_600mm_leicht_DIN_ok_hs.jpg>
      Brian
      Qld. Aust.
      Message 107 of 107 , Oct 21, 2013

        Amen, Let it be said!    We're waiting, we're waiting !

        ---In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, <fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Henrik,
        The 1/32 scale skips will still become available in the near future, be patient, good things come to those who wait.

        Brian
        Qld. Aust.

        Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:55 AM
        Subject: Re: RE: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Skip

        didn't know I could speak dutch.. that was a new one .. :P

        anyway, since Snoodyk announced *he* will do some skips, I guess we just wait for him to come back on the subject..

        /Henrik

        regards

        /Henrik Laurell - http://henrik.laurell.nu/

        2013/10/20 <johnvogelaar@...>

        Hi brain,

        I`m looking for your skips. please can you contact me at johnvogelaar@...

        regads John Lostcreek

        ---In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, <fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Henrik,
        Op dit moment heb ik geen idee wat ze zullen kosten, zal het afhangen van wat de kosten zijn om ze commercieel ge√ętst, ik hoop te proberen en houden de prijs tot ongeveer AUD $ 25,00 per stuk, plus de kosten van het kopen van de wielen van James Coldicott.

        Brian
        Qld. Aust.

        Van: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com [mailto: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com] Namens henrik laurell Verzonden: woensdag 29 mei, 2013 23:50 Aan: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Skip

        Deze ziet er fantastisch uit!

        Heb je enig idee wat dit zou kunnen kosten als klaar voor verkoop? Ik weet zelfs niet model in deze schaal niet meer, ik wil toch een paar te bestellen!

        / Henrik

        betreft

        Op 29 mei 2013 10:00, Brian < mailto:rallim56@... > schreef:

        Ok Daniel,
        Daar is het met een beetje verf spatte op.

        Van: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com [mailto: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com ] Namens daniel caso Verzonden: woensdag 29 mei, 2013 09:07

        Naar: mailto:FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com

        Geoff

          Ik heb zeker seconde dat.

        Daniel

        Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
        Versie: 2013.0.3343 / Virus Database: 3184/6365 - Release Date: 05/28/13

        No virus found in this message.