Re: [FS32NGModelrail] re: 1/35 Tram from MinArt comming up

    Message 1 of 38 , May 20 10:27 PM
      The two mayor differences between the Hudson and the O&K  as far as I notice, ware the axleboxes, theC iron profile forming the frame with the lips turned inside (Hudson) the frame supports for the tilting function and the V box, specially at the upper edges. All tghose things were in my opinion pretty similar between O&K and Decauville but also many others mostly -not Always- German producers. Some other French and Italian versions I've seen look prety O&K, made under licence or not.

      Anyway I agree, if someone comes up with a decent kit it would give our scale a better base.
      Another kit that would sell amazingly well, specialy in Germany but also in the rest of the world -simply because the prototypes where spread reaching the most hiden places, would be a 0-4-0 O&K steamer. The same base would even make possible a long list of variations by simply replacing the cab, the tanks and sometimes some minor details.
      And the mechanism, with proper 1/32 scale wheels and motion, would me a Delight for bashing.

      Daniel

      From: Geoff Potter potgeoff@...
       To their credit they do tend to listen if people send viable suggestions to their "guestbook". > > Maybe we should now work on getting some feldbahn locos like the Jung? > > cheers > Geoff Potter > >

      Loco's are relativaly easy to build, but the more kits the better ofcourse...

      What i really, really would like is an affordable (plastic) kit of a simple standard pre-war european tippingtruck (f.e. built by O&K). Used by thousands on ng railways around the world so virtually every model industrial ng railway could use them....
      There is NO true to scale affordable kit on the market in 1:32 or 1:35 or in any big scale for that matter... Scale Link makes one but still pretty expensive and not accurate, wrong wheels, too small skip etc...
      Tippingwagons are very difficult to make yourself but very much needed! Beside the tipping truck kits a kit with only the basic trucks would be great for a basis for all other kinds of industrial ng wagons..

      I could deliver all the needed drawings and measurements... ;)

      Regards,

      Arnoud Bongaards

      .
    • Rod Hutchinson
      Message 38 of 38 , May 25 6:25 AM

        Daniel,

        No trains in East Timor

        Rod

        On May 23, 2013 6:52 AM, "daniel caso" <d.caso@...> wrote:

        Rod

            I´m sure also for East Timor!

          Have a good trip!

        Daniel

        0-4-0 O&K would be a good choice for Australian modellers too.
        Rod on the way to East Timor

        Another kit that would sell amazingly well, specialy in Germany but also in the rest of the world -simply because the prototypes where spread reaching the most hiden places, would be a 0-4-0 O&K steamer. The same base would even make possible a long list of variations by simply replacing the cab, the tanks and sometimes some minor details.
        And the mechanism, with proper 1/32 scale wheels and motion, would me a Delight for bashing.
         Daniel

        Daniel,

        Thanks for the links you sent.
        And i totally agree with what you are saying about an O&K steamer!! I,m waiting for skips and an O&K steamer for years... Would make me so happy...