History of hoisting machinery (in German) 1907

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013
      Hi folks,

      I just located this great book on the Wayback Machine.

      Yes, it is in German. Look beyond the general history of levers and lifting and there are scores of great photographs and drawings of cranes, hoists, derricks, aerial tramways, etc.

      The title translates roughly as:
      The technique of Lastenfèorderung then and now, a study on the development of the hoist and its influence on culture and history and working life.(Lastenfeorderung isn't recognised in Google translation, but I think it means something like "lifting machinery"

      enjoy
      Geoff Potter