Re: [FS32NGModelrail] New Guy Here

  • Gregory Wright
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2013
      David, I have been modeling 1:32 n20 for about 25 years.  I have been in Narrow gauge Gazette a number of times but I am away from home so I will have to give you more specifics later in the week.  I am building a Gilpin like tram line and it is great fun.
      go on line to EBay and search 1:32 scale in toys and hobbies, trains.  Order a 1:32 scale car or truck and  a couple Preiser 1:32 figures.  Slap down a piece of Code 100 HO track, park your car or truck next to it and then add a Bachmann On30 Shay and you will have something to look at and get oriented.  Then change the cab so the 1:32 figure fits and extend the smoke stack.  You can change other things like headlights later. If you can swing the cost, get a 1:32 scale standard gauge car off EBay too and you have everything you need to get your head around the new size.

      HO track in 1:32 = 20 inch in 1:35 I think closer to 24".  If you want 1:35 you will have to adjust a little.  I think there are more RR products in 1:32.  I use plenty of 1:35 items also 1:48 and some larger too, it is all about the item and where you place it in the scene.

      Feel free to contact me off list at gregorywright2002@... for more conversation.

      Greg Wright
      360-352-5386
      Are you prepared for 72 hours?