Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Digest Number 2544

  • Kevin Crosado
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8 4:37 AM
      Rod

      The 27:1 ones certainly do. I don't know about the 15:1 ones.

      _______________

      Kevin Crosado
      De Selby Research

      On 8/04/2013, at 10:52 PM, FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Thank you. Do they run at slow speed OK?
    • Claus
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8 5:07 AM
        Daniel: If I had more room I don't think I would spend too much of it to expand my workbench. It works well as it is. My experience with horizontal surfaces is that they accumulate things rather than provide more work space. I can handle the small models I build in my present space and if I had more room I would rather have more space for modules and books. So basically I'm rather happy with the situation.

        Rod: The Black Beetles (gear ratio 27:1 and RP 25 100 wheels) I have in operation are nice and slow running. I have a BB under my French army locomotive and in the red speeder. Fitted with an ESU-decoder and run with a Zimo DCC-station they run slow and smooth. The Bull Ants I have are a little better, probably due to a higher gear ratio and flywheel. The BB however, is light years ahead of a Tenshodo if that comparison means something to you.

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9 2:11 AM
          I was looking for some other items and just happened on this company, they offer some really good
          looking wheels.
          <http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=c_wh>

          Brian
          Qld. Aust.
        • Rod Hutchinson

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9 2:56 AM
              Brian

                 Good catch.

              Also the pages with naval stuff have many items usable for 1:32.

              Thank you!

              Daniel