SV: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Opel Capitän from ICM

  • Hans Hammarsten
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3 5:10 AM
      Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
      Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

      http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

      Cheers
      Hans

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3 10:44 AM

        Why should we be offended .. , great bike!

        /Henrik

        Sent from my Transformer Prime.

        On 3 Mar 2013 14:10, "Hans Hammarsten" <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

        Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
        Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

        http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

        Cheers
        Hans

        Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
        It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
        Stephen

        Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

        Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

        Best regards

        Claus, Copenhagen

        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

        > Claus,
        >
        > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
        > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
        >
        > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
        > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
        > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
        > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
        > airplane builders.
        >
        > Thank you for the inspiration.
        >
        > Stephen
        >

        > _____

      • Hans Hammarsten
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3 1:24 PM
          Oh missed this one, a female biker *:) glad

          http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

          //Hans

          Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
          It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
          Stephen

          Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

          Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

          Best regards

          Claus, Copenhagen

          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

          > Claus,
          >
          > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
          > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
          >
          > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
          > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
          > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
          > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
          > airplane builders.
          >
          > Thank you for the inspiration.
          >
          > Stephen
          >

          > _____

        • Claus
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 17 2:12 PM
            Hi Hans
            What a great figure. Don't really know if I will be able to use it, but I think I will have a hard time resisting a buy here.

            Thanks for the link! http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

          • Hans Hammarsten
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 17 2:37 PM
              Hi Claus,
              I've been models from HLJ for some time now, with PayPal
              But  the down side buying from Japan is the shipping fee, it can sometimes
              be more then for the model itself.

              Best Regards

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 17 2:53 PM
                I became interested in this one snce there are many male bikers around the Mogollon Railway but alas, this lady is not "dressed" as she might be for riding in the heat along the Gila Rim. Maybe the sculptor will do another...one actualy riding a bike.
                Pretty cool, however.

                Woodie

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 17 10:01 PM
                  Woodie:
                                She has got the aura of  the woman in Faulkner´s `Phylon`

                  Daniel