RE: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Opel Capitän from ICM

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013

      Claus,

      Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.

      It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
        Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

        http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

        Cheers
        Hans

        Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
        It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
        Stephen

        Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

        Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

        Best regards

        Claus, Copenhagen

        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

        > Claus,
        >
        > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
        > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
        >
        > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam
        locos
        > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions
        of
        > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
        > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic
        model
        > airplane builders.
        >
        > Thank you for the inspiration.
        >
        > Stephen
        >

        > _____

      • henrik laurell
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013

          Why should we be offended .. , great bike!

          /Henrik

          Sent from my Transformer Prime.

          On 3 Mar 2013 14:10, "Hans Hammarsten" <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

          Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
          Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

          http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

          Cheers
          Hans

          Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
          It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
          Stephen

          Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

          Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

          Best regards

          Claus, Copenhagen

          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

          > Claus,
          >
          > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
          > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
          >
          > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
          > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
          > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
          > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
          > airplane builders.
          >
          > Thank you for the inspiration.
          >
          > Stephen
          >

          > _____

        • Hans Hammarsten
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
            Oh missed this one, a female biker *:) glad

            http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

            //Hans

            Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
            It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
            Stephen

            Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

            Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

            Best regards

            Claus, Copenhagen

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

            > Claus,
            >
            > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
            > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
            >
            > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
            > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
            > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
            > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
            > airplane builders.
            >
            > Thank you for the inspiration.
            >
            > Stephen
            >

            > _____

          • Claus
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
              Hi Hans
              What a great figure. Don't really know if I will be able to use it, but I think I will have a hard time resisting a buy here.

              Thanks for the link! http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

            • Hans Hammarsten
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                Hi Claus,
                I've been models from HLJ for some time now, with PayPal
                But  the down side buying from Japan is the shipping fee, it can sometimes
                be more then for the model itself.

                Best Regards

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                  I became interested in this one snce there are many male bikers around the Mogollon Railway but alas, this lady is not "dressed" as she might be for riding in the heat along the Gila Rim. Maybe the sculptor will do another...one actualy riding a bike.
                  Pretty cool, however.

                  Woodie

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                    Woodie:
                                  She has got the aura of  the woman in Faulkner´s `Phylon`

                    Daniel