Re: Opel Capitän from ICM

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013
      Hi Stephen
      Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen.

      Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

      Best regards

      Claus, Copenhagen

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <auslend@...> wrote:

      > Claus,
      >
      > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
      > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
      >
      > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
      > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
      > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
      > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
      > airplane builders.
      >
      > Thank you for the inspiration.
      >
      > Stephen
      >

      > _____

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013

        Claus,

        Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.

        It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.

        href="http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html">http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html

        > I'm currently building Roadcraft Models' 1:35 Bedford O tipper lorry and
        > fitting my Swedish Sala loco with ESU decoder and new O-rings.
        >
        > Hope you all get to model a bit too. Looking forward to see built models
        of
        > Coldicott's Planet and Hesketh's MD2.
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Claus

      • Hans Hammarsten
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
          Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
          Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

          http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

          Cheers
          Hans

          Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
          It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
          Stephen

          Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

          Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

          Best regards

          Claus, Copenhagen

          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

          > Claus,
          >
          > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
          > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
          >
          > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam
          locos
          > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions
          of
          > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
          > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic
          model
          > airplane builders.
          >
          > Thank you for the inspiration.
          >
          > Stephen
          >

          > _____

        • henrik laurell
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013

            Why should we be offended .. , great bike!

            /Henrik

            Sent from my Transformer Prime.

            On 3 Mar 2013 14:10, "Hans Hammarsten" <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

            Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
            Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

            http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

            Cheers
            Hans

            Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
            It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
            Stephen

            Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

            Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

            Best regards

            Claus, Copenhagen

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

            > Claus,
            >
            > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
            > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
            >
            > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
            > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
            > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
            > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
            > airplane builders.
            >
            > Thank you for the inspiration.
            >
            > Stephen
            >

            > _____

          • Hans Hammarsten
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
              Oh missed this one, a female biker *:) glad

              http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

              //Hans

              Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
              It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
              Stephen

              Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

              Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

              Best regards

              Claus, Copenhagen

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

              > Claus,
              >
              > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
              > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
              >
              > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
              > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
              > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
              > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
              > airplane builders.
              >
              > Thank you for the inspiration.
              >
              > Stephen
              >

              > _____

            • Claus
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                Hi Hans
                What a great figure. Don't really know if I will be able to use it, but I think I will have a hard time resisting a buy here.

                Thanks for the link! http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

              • Hans Hammarsten
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                  Hi Claus,
                  I've been models from HLJ for some time now, with PayPal
                  But  the down side buying from Japan is the shipping fee, it can sometimes
                  be more then for the model itself.

                  Best Regards

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                    I became interested in this one snce there are many male bikers around the Mogollon Railway but alas, this lady is not "dressed" as she might be for riding in the heat along the Gila Rim. Maybe the sculptor will do another...one actualy riding a bike.
                    Pretty cool, however.

                    Woodie

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                      Woodie:
                                    She has got the aura of  the woman in Faulkner´s `Phylon`

                      Daniel