SV: [FS32NGModelrail] Opel Capitän from ICM

  • Hans Hammarsten
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2 8:41 AM
      Hi Claus,
      as usual You do a good job!

      Always a pleasure to see your work

      Best Regards
      Hans

      Från: Claus <clausoggitte@...>
      Till: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Skickat: lördag, 2 mars 2013 16:32
      Ämne: [FS32NGModelrail] Opel Capitän from ICM

      Finally I managed to finish the ICM kit of the Opel Kapitän. It will be used as the director of Nystrup Gravels car and help to set the period of my small piece of 1950's Denmark.

      You can see the finished car here: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html

      I'm currently building Roadcraft Models' 1:35 Bedford O tipper lorry and fitting my Swedish Sala loco with ESU decoder and new O-rings.

      Hope you all get to model a bit too. Looking forward to see built models of Coldicott's Planet and Hesketh's MD2.

    • Claus
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2 10:52 AM
        Hi Stephen
        Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen.

        Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

        Best regards

        Claus, Copenhagen

        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <auslend@...> wrote:

        > Claus,
        >
        > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
        > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
        >
        > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
        > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
        > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
        > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
        > airplane builders.
        >
        > Thank you for the inspiration.
        >
        > Stephen
        >

        > _____

      • Stephen
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2 5:15 PM

          Claus,

          Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.

          It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.

          href="http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html">http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html

          > I'm currently building Roadcraft Models' 1:35 Bedford O tipper lorry and
          > fitting my Swedish Sala loco with ESU decoder and new O-rings.
          >
          > Hope you all get to model a bit too. Looking forward to see built models
          of
          > Coldicott's Planet and Hesketh's MD2.
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > Claus

        • Hans Hammarsten
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3 5:10 AM
            Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
            Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

            http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

            Cheers
            Hans

            Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
            It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
            Stephen

            Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

            Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

            Best regards

            Claus, Copenhagen

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

            > Claus,
            >
            > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
            > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
            >
            > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam
            locos
            > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions
            of
            > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
            > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic
            model
            > airplane builders.
            >
            > Thank you for the inspiration.
            >
            > Stephen
            >

            > _____

          • henrik laurell
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3 10:44 AM

              Why should we be offended .. , great bike!

              /Henrik

              Sent from my Transformer Prime.

              On 3 Mar 2013 14:10, "Hans Hammarsten" <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

              Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
              Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

              http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

              Cheers
              Hans

              Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
              It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
              Stephen

              Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

              Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

              Best regards

              Claus, Copenhagen

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

              > Claus,
              >
              > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
              > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
              >
              > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
              > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
              > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
              > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
              > airplane builders.
              >
              > Thank you for the inspiration.
              >
              > Stephen
              >

              > _____

            • Hans Hammarsten
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 3 1:24 PM
                Oh missed this one, a female biker *:) glad

                http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

                //Hans

                Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
                It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
                Stephen

                Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

                Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

                Best regards

                Claus, Copenhagen

                --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

                > Claus,
                >
                > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
                > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
                >
                > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
                > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
                > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
                > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
                > airplane builders.
                >
                > Thank you for the inspiration.
                >
                > Stephen
                >

                > _____

              • Claus
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 17 2:12 PM
                  Hi Hans
                  What a great figure. Don't really know if I will be able to use it, but I think I will have a hard time resisting a buy here.

                  Thanks for the link! http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

                • Hans Hammarsten
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 17 2:37 PM
                    Hi Claus,
                    I've been models from HLJ for some time now, with PayPal
                    But  the down side buying from Japan is the shipping fee, it can sometimes
                    be more then for the model itself.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 17 2:53 PM
                      I became interested in this one snce there are many male bikers around the Mogollon Railway but alas, this lady is not "dressed" as she might be for riding in the heat along the Gila Rim. Maybe the sculptor will do another...one actualy riding a bike.
                      Pretty cool, however.

                      Woodie

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 17 10:01 PM
                        Woodie:
                                      She has got the aura of  the woman in Faulkner´s `Phylon`

                        Daniel