Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Opel Capitän from ICM

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013
      Claus: it looks beautfiul.
      Very clever to let open the rear door instead of the average conductor's one.

      Daniel

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013

        Claus,

        I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.

        This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model airplane builders.

        Thank you for the inspiration.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013
          Hi Claus,
          as usual You do a good job!

          Always a pleasure to see your work

          Best Regards
          Hans

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013
            Hi Stephen
            Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen.

            Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

            Best regards

            Claus, Copenhagen

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <auslend@...> wrote:

            > Claus,
            >
            > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
            > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
            >
            > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
            > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
            > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
            > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
            > airplane builders.
            >
            > Thank you for the inspiration.
            >
            > Stephen
            >

            > _____

          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2, 2013

              Claus,

              Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.

              It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.

              href="http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html">http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html

              > I'm currently building Roadcraft Models' 1:35 Bedford O tipper lorry and
              > fitting my Swedish Sala loco with ESU decoder and new O-rings.
              >
              > Hope you all get to model a bit too. Looking forward to see built models
              of
              > Coldicott's Planet and Hesketh's MD2.
              >
              > Best regards
              >
              > Claus

            • Hans Hammarsten
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
                Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
                Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

                http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

                Cheers
                Hans

                Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
                It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
                Stephen

                Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

                Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

                Best regards

                Claus, Copenhagen

                --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

                > Claus,
                >
                > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
                > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
                >
                > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam
                locos
                > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions
                of
                > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
                > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic
                model
                > airplane builders.
                >
                > Thank you for the inspiration.
                >
                > Stephen
                >

                > _____

              • henrik laurell
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013

                  Why should we be offended .. , great bike!

                  /Henrik

                  Sent from my Transformer Prime.

                  On 3 Mar 2013 14:10, "Hans Hammarsten" <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

                  Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
                  Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

                  http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

                  Cheers
                  Hans

                  Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
                  It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
                  Stephen

                  Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

                  Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

                  Best regards

                  Claus, Copenhagen

                  --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

                  > Claus,
                  >
                  > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
                  > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
                  >
                  > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
                  > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
                  > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
                  > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
                  > airplane builders.
                  >
                  > Thank you for the inspiration.
                  >
                  > Stephen
                  >

                  > _____

                • Hans Hammarsten
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
                    Oh missed this one, a female biker *:) glad

                    http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

                    //Hans

                    Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
                    It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
                    Stephen

                    Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

                    Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

                    Best regards

                    Claus, Copenhagen

                    --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

                    > Claus,
                    >
                    > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
                    > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
                    >
                    > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
                    > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
                    > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
                    > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
                    > airplane builders.
                    >
                    > Thank you for the inspiration.
                    >
                    > Stephen
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Claus
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                      Hi Hans
                      What a great figure. Don't really know if I will be able to use it, but I think I will have a hard time resisting a buy here.

                      Thanks for the link! http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

                    • Hans Hammarsten
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                        Hi Claus,
                        I've been models from HLJ for some time now, with PayPal
                        But  the down side buying from Japan is the shipping fee, it can sometimes
                        be more then for the model itself.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                          I became interested in this one snce there are many male bikers around the Mogollon Railway but alas, this lady is not "dressed" as she might be for riding in the heat along the Gila Rim. Maybe the sculptor will do another...one actualy riding a bike.
                          Pretty cool, however.

                          Woodie

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 17, 2013
                            Woodie:
                                          She has got the aura of  the woman in Faulkner´s `Phylon`

                            Daniel