Opel Capitän from ICM

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2 7:32 AM
      Finally I managed to finish the ICM kit of the Opel Kapitän. It will be used as the director of Nystrup Gravels car and help to set the period of my small piece of 1950's Denmark.

      You can see the finished car here: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html

      I'm currently building Roadcraft Models' 1:35 Bedford O tipper lorry and fitting my Swedish Sala loco with ESU decoder and new O-rings.

      Hope you all get to model a bit too. Looking forward to see built models of Coldicott's Planet and Hesketh's MD2.

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2 8:15 AM
        Claus: it looks beautfiul.
        Very clever to let open the rear door instead of the average conductor's one.

        Daniel

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2 8:34 AM

          Claus,

          I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.

          This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model airplane builders.

          Thank you for the inspiration.

          Stephen

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2 8:41 AM
            Hi Claus,
            as usual You do a good job!

            Always a pleasure to see your work

            Best Regards
            Hans

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2 10:52 AM
              Hi Stephen
              Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen.

              Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

              Best regards

              Claus, Copenhagen

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <auslend@...> wrote:

              > Claus,
              >
              > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
              > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
              >
              > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
              > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
              > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
              > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
              > airplane builders.
              >
              > Thank you for the inspiration.
              >
              > Stephen
              >

              > _____

            • Stephen
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2 5:15 PM

                Claus,

                Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.

                It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.

                href="http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html">http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/03/finished-opel-kapitan.html

                > I'm currently building Roadcraft Models' 1:35 Bedford O tipper lorry and
                > fitting my Swedish Sala loco with ESU decoder and new O-rings.
                >
                > Hope you all get to model a bit too. Looking forward to see built models
                of
                > Coldicott's Planet and Hesketh's MD2.
                >
                > Best regards
                >
                > Claus

              • Hans Hammarsten
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 3 5:10 AM
                  Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
                  Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

                  http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

                  Cheers
                  Hans

                  Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
                  It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
                  Stephen

                  Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

                  Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

                  Best regards

                  Claus, Copenhagen

                  --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

                  > Claus,
                  >
                  > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
                  > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
                  >
                  > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam
                  locos
                  > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions
                  of
                  > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
                  > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic
                  model
                  > airplane builders.
                  >
                  > Thank you for the inspiration.
                  >
                  > Stephen
                  >

                  > _____

                • henrik laurell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 3 10:44 AM

                    Why should we be offended .. , great bike!

                    /Henrik

                    Sent from my Transformer Prime.

                    On 3 Mar 2013 14:10, "Hans Hammarsten" <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

                    Hope not anyone get offended if I jump on this thread.
                    Just wanted to share this a 1/35 Indian civilan motorcycle

                    http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAP35-09

                    Cheers
                    Hans

                    Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
                    It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
                    Stephen

                    Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

                    Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

                    Best regards

                    Claus, Copenhagen

                    --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

                    > Claus,
                    >
                    > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
                    > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
                    >
                    > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
                    > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
                    > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
                    > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
                    > airplane builders.
                    >
                    > Thank you for the inspiration.
                    >
                    > Stephen
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Hans Hammarsten
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 3 1:24 PM
                      Oh missed this one, a female biker *:) glad

                      http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

                      //Hans

                      Passing along tips and techniques, especially from different areas of the hobby of making models, is one of the purposes of these forums.
                      It is interesting how many techniques are transferable from one hobby to another. We just a have to tell one another about them.
                      Stephen

                      Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't think the chrome paint was too good, but as it is 'just a car' I didn't fancy redoing the paint. I'll check foil adhesive next time I visit my local hobby shop in Copenhagen .

                      Thanks for the constructive feedback, Stephen.

                      Best regards

                      Claus, Copenhagen

                      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

                      > Claus,
                      >
                      > I like your work but for the chrome I would have glued aluminum foil with
                      > the shiny side out onto the car and rubbed it into the crevices.
                      >
                      > This just gave me the idea to use some aluminum foil on the old steam locos
                      > of my railroad, the Hawgwaller & Western(c) as the owner had delusions of
                      > grandeur and wanted to spiff up his trains. There are aluminum foil
                      > adhesives available in shops that have paints & stuff for plastic model
                      > airplane builders.
                      >
                      > Thank you for the inspiration.
                      >
                      > Stephen
                      >

                      > _____

                    • Claus
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 17 2:12 PM
                        Hi Hans
                        What a great figure. Don't really know if I will be able to use it, but I think I will have a hard time resisting a buy here.

                        Thanks for the link! http://www.hlj.com/product/SWAST-3510

                      • Hans Hammarsten
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 17 2:37 PM
                          Hi Claus,
                          I've been models from HLJ for some time now, with PayPal
                          But  the down side buying from Japan is the shipping fee, it can sometimes
                          be more then for the model itself.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 17 2:53 PM
                            I became interested in this one snce there are many male bikers around the Mogollon Railway but alas, this lady is not "dressed" as she might be for riding in the heat along the Gila Rim. Maybe the sculptor will do another...one actualy riding a bike.
                            Pretty cool, however.

                            Woodie

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 17 10:01 PM
                              Woodie:
                                            She has got the aura of  the woman in Faulkner´s `Phylon`

                              Daniel