RE: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: [FS32NGJamesModelrail] New 1:32 Products Available now from James Coldicott

  • james coldicott
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi Daniel,

      I'm going to prioritize getting the track and data onto the website as there is a lot of information to share. I've been developing the track system for two years now and spent a lot of time thinking it through and getting the skills together to make it work before that.

      The website will contain information on the prototype along with extensive instructions on my track system and track and wheel standards. To briefly answer your questions...

      Rail is code 82 from Karlgarin which has a nice narrow gauge profile with a wide foot and represents 20lb rail.

      Turnouts are in development now but will likely take the best part of this year to get right as I am working full time and have children and some health issues in the family. Left and Right turnoughts only at first fully made and ready to lay. 16.5 and 19.05mm gauge. ('20 inch' and 2 foot gauges respectively)

      Radii follow the Hudson prototype... Type 1 is 13'3" radius, Type 2 is 37'0" radius.

      Current prices are £12.50 per panel or £50.00 for five. I am aiming at a price of £30.00 to £40.00 for the turnouts. Of course if you plan a large layout you can use standard code 82/83 OO/HO/On3 track for your mainline and save the portable track for where it is most visible or would have been used prototypically.

      SHLR wagon is £13.00 for one or £36.00 for a three pack. If you click the tab under the photo on the website you can select which option you want and order through the website.

      Hope this helps.

      Feel free to spread the word wherever you choose and accept my thanks for doing so!

      Kind regards

      James

      James ColdicottBucklands House, East Quantoxhead, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1EH.www.james-art.com

      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: d.caso@...
      Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 00:20:25 -0800
      Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: [FS32NGJamesModelrail] New 1:32 Products Available now from James Coldicott

      James:

                What code is the rail you will be using for your track?

                What are de radiuss?

                What are the prices?

                Are you going to produce also switches for going with this track? And if you do: any idea of when will they be available?

            Thank you again.

                        Daniel