New 1:32 Products Available now from James Coldicott

  • James Coldicott
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hello again all,

      just spent a little time updating my photo album to show the new products available. Hopefully this link will take you straight there...

      James
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
        The ;little loco looks great.

        Could you tell about the prototype?
        Builder, gauge, period, etc.?

        BTW the link in your other mail is not working for me.

        Daniel

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
          Hi Daniel,

          Thanks! Here are a few extra details for you. I won't go into the company details but with reference to the loco...

          F.C. Hibberd & Co Ltd no 1568 of 1927
          Weight 1ton 15cwt
          Gauges 15 to 36 inches
          4 cylinder OHV Meadows 4CE engine
          Cylinders 69mm diameter 100mm stroke.
          18.5 BHP @ 1500 RPM
          Max continuous 2300 RPM
          Absolute Max 3000 RPM
          Tractive effort 800lbs/ 400lbs
          Inverted cone clutch
          Force feed lubrication & self contained oil pump.
          2 speeds in either direction with constant mesh spur wheels operated by dog clutches.
          Each axle was driven by a single roller chain from a central jack-shaft which itself was driven by a pair of roller chains.
          Petrol tank capacity 8 gallons. Mean daily consumption 3 gallons over 8 hours.

          Information taken from my 1931 copy of 'Modern Traction for Industrial and Agricultural Railways' published by the Locomotive Publishing Company.

          Hope this helps.

          Sorry the link to my photo album is not working for you. You can access my pictures in the photo section of the group homepage.

          Kind regards

          James Coldicott

          Bucklands House
          East Quantoxhead
          Somerset
          TA5 1EH

          Tel: +44 7717 501329

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
            James:

                Thank you.
                The little engine is a beauty. The photos are great.
                 What is the price of the wagon?
                 I have already posted both links fron your yesterday's mail to the NGRM.
                Would you give me permission to post, of course specifying your name and the link to your sirte, the new photos?

                Thank you gainj.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 19, 2013

              James:

                        What code is the rail you will be using for your track?

                        What are de radiuss?

                        What are the prices?

                        Are you going to produce also switches for going with this track? And if you do: any idea of when will they be available?

                    Thank you again.

                                Daniel

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 19, 2013
                Hi Daniel,

                I'm going to prioritize getting the track and data onto the website as there is a lot of information to share. I've been developing the track system for two years now and spent a lot of time thinking it through and getting the skills together to make it work before that.

                The website will contain information on the prototype along with extensive instructions on my track system and track and wheel standards. To briefly answer your questions...

                Rail is code 82 from Karlgarin which has a nice narrow gauge profile with a wide foot and represents 20lb rail.

                Turnouts are in development now but will likely take the best part of this year to get right as I am working full time and have children and some health issues in the family. Left and Right turnoughts only at first fully made and ready to lay. 16.5 and 19.05mm gauge. ('20 inch' and 2 foot gauges respectively)

                Radii follow the Hudson prototype... Type 1 is 13'3" radius, Type 2 is 37'0" radius.

                Current prices are £12.50 per panel or £50.00 for five. I am aiming at a price of £30.00 to £40.00 for the turnouts. Of course if you plan a large layout you can use standard code 82/83 OO/HO/On3 track for your mainline and save the portable track for where it is most visible or would have been used prototypically.

                SHLR wagon is £13.00 for one or £36.00 for a three pack. If you click the tab under the photo on the website you can select which option you want and order through the website.

                Hope this helps.

                Feel free to spread the word wherever you choose and accept my thanks for doing so!

                Kind regards

                James

                James ColdicottBucklands House, East Quantoxhead, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1EH.www.james-art.com

                To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com