Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Miniart Spanish barrel roofs final word for now

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
      Daniel-Jump to 16MM scale??? Are you totally mad? Just because you can, does it mean that you should? LOL....

      Woodie

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
        Dear Woodie:

                  It is my eyes, not desire, what is pushing me that way.
                  The only way I would be able to keep modelling 1/32/35 would be using 'special tools' as a big funnel to get n-b-w and rivets in place.
                  When I started my current layout I thought would be the last one in this scale but later I've realised I still have too many good ideas I want to model and have not space for doing that in 16mm. But ageing continues and I want to be prepared  so will complete my current layout, try a next one with as theme an agricultural portable railway and may be -depending on my eyes- a mining one in 1/32 1/35.
                  By then -I supose some 3 to 5 years from now-  I will be already building 16mm scale wooden disconnects and a couple of locos to run on shelves outside at the common place of the building. I think it won't be too difficult to convince my neighbours to aloud me to build all arround shelves 60cm deep with a bridge for the door. After all that will mean all their bikes, as my own, won't stay the whole year under the rain and the snow. Such a shelf would be about 30m long (about 100').
               The place is o.k. except it never gets sun so it is completely paved.

                Fore the time being I have plenty to do on the French village.

        Daniel

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
          "Fore the time being I have plenty to do on the French village."

          Daniel
          Do you have photos of the French Village. I am planning one now.
          Thanks
          Tony in Tampa

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
            Tony:

             Yes, plenty of them.
              You can see the in my Flickr but they are intercalat3ed with hundr34eds of pictures of water reflections and will find no comment there.
            If you joind the NGRM Online forum you will see the whole thread with all the same photos in something as about 70 pages  but also all descriptions and comments. And you will always have access to plenty of -mostly european- narrow gauge.
            Among hundreds of interesting things there is also a couple of thread about specificaly French prototypes from a French and a Dutch modellers.

            The link to my Flickr is

            and to the forum is

            I hope I´ll see you there!

            Daniel

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013

              tONY±

              If you visit the forum here some links to French stuff±

              Danielk

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
                Thanks for taking the time to post the links. I joined under 480fan screename.

                Thanks Tony
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
                  #:-)

                  Daniel

                  Thanks for taking the time to post the links. I joined under 480fan screename.

                  Thanks Tony
                • rd_etropal
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
                    Those links don't work for me as you have to join their forum to even read the messages. I am a member of enough forums and simply don't want to have to join yet another. Although I don't think the membership list would be sold on, but I have see it happen with more popular no railway, travel forums.
                    Anyway been thinking round tile problem(if indeed it is a problem), and I would like to see a larger version of what is already in their Italian building kit. To create the underlying tiles on front(and they are not visable further up in 1`/35)simple have another single row of tiles which can be fixed upside down. It is very complex to produce something with different profiles on either side, in vac form, and expensive in injection moulding.I have looked at this problem with respect to large scale models. It is a pity that the Plastruct one is actually of the more modern type but is still good enough to mould in my preferred mashed paper. If thickness is an issue then pad out with additional rows of tiles.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
                      O.K.