Miniart Spanish barrel roofs final word for now

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
      Daniel and others interested in the Miniart barrel roof tiles,

      I have just received word from Alina at Miniart that they will not be releasing any roof kits for the forseeable future.

      I have sent Alina the link to this group so that she can, if interested, see what the group does.

      regards
      Geoff
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
        Geoff:

          Well, not the best news we could expect but o.k., it is as it is.
          Thank you for the information.

        Daniel

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013

          Well,

          If they are coming out with French civilians and not barrel roof tiles, maybe we can cover the roofs with French civilians?

          A little surreal but after all, surrealism was created mostly by the French in France so it seems appropriate.

          Stephen J

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
            Maybe packaging some of their Italian building roofs would be quicker
            http://www.miniart-models.com/Images/Foto_plastic/36008/36008_4.jpg
            These look very southern European, maybe they are struggling ith a northern version

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
              The link is not working.
              They already produce an european tile roof.
              I hope the link works± http://www.miniart-models.com/
              I have one and is one of the things I will have for sale with all the rest of the 1-32 and 1-35 stuff when I jump to 16mm scale in the more or less near future.

              I really believe the producing problems were not solvable in termns of vacuum forming and the costs differencre with cutting moulds for inyection would be many times more so they simple let it go.

              Daniel

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
                Daniel-Jump to 16MM scale??? Are you totally mad? Just because you can, does it mean that you should? LOL....

                Woodie

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 13, 2013
                  Dear Woodie:

                            It is my eyes, not desire, what is pushing me that way.
                            The only way I would be able to keep modelling 1/32/35 would be using 'special tools' as a big funnel to get n-b-w and rivets in place.
                            When I started my current layout I thought would be the last one in this scale but later I've realised I still have too many good ideas I want to model and have not space for doing that in 16mm. But ageing continues and I want to be prepared  so will complete my current layout, try a next one with as theme an agricultural portable railway and may be -depending on my eyes- a mining one in 1/32 1/35.
                            By then -I supose some 3 to 5 years from now-  I will be already building 16mm scale wooden disconnects and a couple of locos to run on shelves outside at the common place of the building. I think it won't be too difficult to convince my neighbours to aloud me to build all arround shelves 60cm deep with a bridge for the door. After all that will mean all their bikes, as my own, won't stay the whole year under the rain and the snow. Such a shelf would be about 30m long (about 100').
                         The place is o.k. except it never gets sun so it is completely paved.

                          Fore the time being I have plenty to do on the French village.

                  Daniel

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
                    "Fore the time being I have plenty to do on the French village."

                    Daniel
                    Do you have photos of the French Village. I am planning one now.
                    Thanks
                    Tony in Tampa

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
                      Tony:

                       Yes, plenty of them.
                        You can see the in my Flickr but they are intercalat3ed with hundr34eds of pictures of water reflections and will find no comment there.
                      If you joind the NGRM Online forum you will see the whole thread with all the same photos in something as about 70 pages  but also all descriptions and comments. And you will always have access to plenty of -mostly european- narrow gauge.
                      Among hundreds of interesting things there is also a couple of thread about specificaly French prototypes from a French and a Dutch modellers.

                      The link to my Flickr is

                      and to the forum is

                      I hope I´ll see you there!

                      Daniel

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013

                        tONY±

                        If you visit the forum here some links to French stuff±

                        Danielk

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
                          Thanks for taking the time to post the links. I joined under 480fan screename.

                          Thanks Tony
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
                            #:-)

                            Daniel

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
                              Those links don't work for me as you have to join their forum to even read the messages. I am a member of enough forums and simply don't want to have to join yet another. Although I don't think the membership list would be sold on, but I have see it happen with more popular no railway, travel forums.
                              Anyway been thinking round tile problem(if indeed it is a problem), and I would like to see a larger version of what is already in their Italian building kit. To create the underlying tiles on front(and they are not visable further up in 1`/35)simple have another single row of tiles which can be fixed upside down. It is very complex to produce something with different profiles on either side, in vac form, and expensive in injection moulding.I have looked at this problem with respect to large scale models. It is a pity that the Plastruct one is actually of the more modern type but is still good enough to mould in my preferred mashed paper. If thickness is an issue then pad out with additional rows of tiles.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
                                O.K.