Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: 2013 Miniart releases of interest

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 12 10:51 AM
      As you've said before, there are many types of barrel tiles.
      Here in the Netherlands they are pinned and very steep roofs are done with them.
      A Friend from England told me also there there is a lot of barrel tiles. He explained sheep came to continental Europe loaded with goods and to avoid going back empty -what would make the trip more dangerous- they often brought to England huge amounts of barrel tiles. I supose those were mainly from France.

      Daniel

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 12 11:11 AM
        I suspect barrel tiles in Britain are more for style rather than function. I have seen pictures of a flattish tile wile a slight ridge at side in Northern Europe but nothing as round as is found in southern France. They do have a flatter tile as well, which I have seen in Provence. I think this all goes to prove that there is a lot more to roofs and if you want to be as accurate as possible check out the area you are modelling.
        I wanted to attach some photos but can't see any button to do so. Help pages only suggest I am not set up to attach photos.

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 12 11:24 AM
          To post photos follow this steps:

          1- Go to the homepage of the group.

          2- in the column at the left side of the screen click on PHOTOS. A page will open with the first albums page.

          3-At the top right you will see the option CREATE ALBUM. Clicdk on it.

          4-Fill in the tittle you want for your album. Under the tittle you have the possibility of adding an orientating clue.

          5-aclick on ADD PHOTOS

          6-Start your list with the first photo and go on  adding all you want.

          7-Click on UPLOAD and ewait until it is done (You'll notice it.

          8-Click onb SEE PHOTOS

          9- Eventually you can click on RE-ARRANGE to give the photos the order you want.

          10- Once you have that done click on SAVE.

          You are done.

          If you don't want an album just attach the photos as you normaly do to your m4essage.

          I hope this helps.

          Daniel