Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Ferguson tractor

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013

      Claus:

           Looks great. Thesubtle weathering  works very good.
           Is your layout slowly becoming an agricultural railway?

                             Daniel

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
        My father was a car painter starting in the late 1930s, and was involved in repainting Fergusson tractors in the 1950s. Fergusson "grey" was simply any left over paint thrown into a big tin. No matter what colour went into the tin it all ended up about the same shade of grey.

        evan

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
          Evan:

                Nice to know. Here in Holland, near Amsterdam, there is an old, incredibly beautiful village named 'Broek in Waterland' where  most of the old houses where built in wood and they all are still painted in the old gray. When I asked to the locals why that colour they told me exactly the same story as your Ferguson  grey's.

              Daniel