Ferguson tractor

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
      All:
      My first finished model of 2013 turned out to be a white metal model of a Ferguson TEA-20 tractor. The tractor saw widespread service on Danish farms and was the tractor that really kicked off the proces that took horses out of farming in Denmark.

      Nice kit with no issues that I can really recommend if you have never built a tractor model before.

      http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/01/a-ferguson-has-arrived.html

      Next on my work table is my Sala-loco that needs new O-rings in its drive line and a decoder to make it fit for service.

      Best regards

      Claus, cold Copenhagen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013

        Claus:

             Looks great. Thesubtle weathering  works very good.
             Is your layout slowly becoming an agricultural railway?

                               Daniel

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
          My father was a car painter starting in the late 1930s, and was involved in repainting Fergusson tractors in the 1950s. Fergusson "grey" was simply any left over paint thrown into a big tin. No matter what colour went into the tin it all ended up about the same shade of grey.

          evan

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
            Evan:

                  Nice to know. Here in Holland, near Amsterdam, there is an old, incredibly beautiful village named 'Broek in Waterland' where  most of the old houses where built in wood and they all are still painted in the old gray. When I asked to the locals why that colour they told me exactly the same story as your Ferguson  grey's.

                Daniel