A new lorry

  • clausoggitte@nielsen.mail.dk
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012

      All

      I have finished a Ford V3000 lorry. The lorry is in markings celebrating a friend from my museum railway. He passed away last year and the lorry is from a company named in his honour, Bankes Bakelit. The lorry is a 1:35 kit from ICM.

      See photos and text on http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2012/09/bankes-bakelits-ford-v3000.html

      Right now I’m building six Hudson skips from kits from Slater’s Plastikard. Nice kits that assembles without trouble.

    • Geoff Potter
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
        Claus,

        the lorry looks great. I like your tribute to an old friend too. It is a nice way to remember,

        regards
        Geoff

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
          Claus,

          you've sold me on getting one of these kits to eventually civilianise (is that a word?)
          cheers
          Geoff

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
            Hi Geoff
            I'm glad to be able to inspire now and then. Regarding the word 'civilianize' I'm not sure it really exist, but perhaps it could be a good companion to 'civilize'.

            Good luck with your build - and I look forward to se photos of your creation.

            Claus

            you've sold me on getting one of these kits to eventually civilianise (is that a word?)
            cheers
            Geoff

            I have finished a Ford V3000 lorry. The lorry is in markings celebrating a friend from my museum railway. He passed away last year and the lorry is from a company named in his honour, Bankes Bakelit. The lorry is a 1:35 kit from ICM.

            Right now I?m building six Hudson skips from kits from Slater?s Plastikard. Nice kits that assembles without trouble.

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
              As these truck were based on a civilian design adapted for military purposes perhaps demilitarize is a better description of the metamorphosis.

              Paul

              _____________________________________
              1c. Re: A new lorry
              Posted by: "Geoff Potter" potgeoff@... potgeoff
              Date: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 am ((PDT))

              Claus,

              you've sold me on getting one of these kits to eventually civilianise (is that a word?)
              cheers
              Geoff
            • Ola Sjöblom
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2012
                I found a paper model of a concrete mixer in 1:24 that maybe can be altered
                in scale to 1:32.
                It is very nicely done and even if this model does not suit your timeframe i
                think that much
                of the methodes this builder uses can be adapted to other modelling such as
                skip frames.

                Link:

                http://www.modernmug.com/concrete_mixer.html

                Ola
              • Hans Hammarsten
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 11, 2012
                  Thank You Ola,
                  most useful, there's som other things in the free download page that can be of intrest.

                  Cheers
                  Hans