RE: GAZ-AA cargo truck from Miniart

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15 12:33 AM
      Claus,

      Yes if only the Roden 1:72nd Opel busses were also available in 1:35th. Are
      you aware of the Ironside 1:35th Opel Commanders Bus which could be
      converted into a more standard bus? I've never seen the kit just the
      picture on the Azimut website.

      Paul Napier
      1b. Re: GAZ-AA cargo truck from Miniart
      Posted by: "clausoggitte@..." clausoggitte@...
      gaz410
      Date: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 am ((PDT))

      Hi Geoff
      Nice to see a new tooled GAZ-AA. I have built the old Toko/Eastern
      Express kit. It's a pretty decent match for a Ford-AA lorry, but this new
      kit looks better designed and with much more detail. Looking forward to
      have one on my worktable. My grandfather worked as a driver of a Ford-AA
      while he worked at a Danish brick works. Could be fun to build 'his'
      lorry.

      With the many interesting road vehicles coming out recently I sense a
      danger of over supplying my little piece of 1:35 Denmark with lorries and
      cars. Surely my little railway is in for some serious competetion from
      the road traffic - but isn't that just very true to the prototype?

      If there is one road vehicle in 1:35 I miss from the manufacturers it is
      a bus - perhaps on a Opel Blitz or Bedford O chassis.

      No virus found in this message.
    • clausoggitte@nielsen.mail.dk
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15 6:53 AM

        Paul:

        Yes, the Roden busses would be great in 1:35. I know that the Russian company ‘Leadwarrior’ a few years ago advertised that they had plans for a resin Opel Blitz bus, but it seems that they haven’t done anything to hold that promise. The note on their web site saying they had plans for the bus has since disappeared. I don’t expect a bus from them anytime soon.

        I know the Ironside kit but have never had the courage to buy and build. Most reviews I have seen haven’t been too favourable. I don’t even know if it is available anymore. With all the stuff coming from the big manufacturers of military kits these days I tend to believe that one will release a bus someday. And I would hate to see that happen after I had spent hours sanding and rebuilding on a below average kit. I finished the DES-kits Citröen TA resin kit only one month before Tamiya released their nice (and much more buildable) plastic version.

        Best regards

        Claus – in hot Copenhagen