Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Henrik´s photos

  • Brian Rumary
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2012
      On 21/05/2012 14:41, Lenelg wrote:
      > I would never have thought someone would squeeze inside cylinders into a 643 mm gauge locomotive!

      Hohenzollern once built a 500mm gauge fireless loco with inside cylinders!
      This loco, which is really small, is now preserved by the Feldbahnmuseum
      500 e.V.:
      www.feldbahn500.de/pictures/Dampfloks/lok_80/gal_index.htm

      --
      Brian Rumary
      England
      Message 2 of 8 , May 24, 2012
        Nice one Brian,
        that one might be a good objekt for a Bachmann Davenport scrachbuild!

        Cheers
        Hans

      • clausoggitte@nielsen.mail.dk
        Message 3 of 8 , May 25, 2012
          Hello Henrik
          Thanks a lot for the images. Even with thousands of photos from HVB in albums and hard drives I still appreciate yet more pictures from the railway. And sometimes visitors find new viewing angles and photo sites that I never thought of myself. Besides that it was nice to meet you and say hello to you and your patient wife. Next time we meet I hope to have more time and attention to offer you.

          Arnoud: You are welcome to visit us in Denmark. And yes it is a privilege to have such freedom as to design and build a narrow gauge railway without the restrictions that are hampering many other operations. But still we suffer from the same challenges as many other museum and heritage railways, not enough volunteers and too little money.

          A few images from HVB can be found on my Flickr-site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/sets/72157600638414168/

          Arnoud can be seen in his right element in this image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/6231094880/in/set-72157627737588631