Re: Muir-Hull Fordson locomotive

  • Terrapinnut
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      Is the Fordson Model 1/32 scale? if so whose kit is it?
      Thanks
      Gil
      OBTW Great job!
      1/12 motorcycle photo etched chain will work for the drive train and can actually spin, its link by link, it's hard to assembly, but they come with their own jigs

    • clausoggitte@nielsen.mail.dk
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
        Hi Gil
        The Fordson is Model Tractors' 1/32 1932 Fordson (kit T079) See the range on http://www.modeltractorco.com/ It is a great kit and having built several of the company's kit I can only recommend to give it a try. My thresher (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/6701174511/in/set-72157627397262407) is from the same manufacturer.

        Nice tip to use 1/12 PE chain. Must try that once, but this loco will be fitted with screens around the chains to protect workers and innocent bystanders from getting 'mixed up' in the gear train.

      • Terrapinnut
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
          thanks for the link! I am building a 1/32 project and this will work perfectly
          thanks
          Gil