Re: [FS32NGModelrail] foto ah Wazoo landing

  • bilwil@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      Sir Charles Of The John:

      Good shot! This scene is immediately
      to the right (West) of the present pier as
      you debark from the boat.

      The area hasn't changed much from the
      time the foto was taken. The old rails are
      still there, although covered with weeds.
      The crane came down under heavy load
      shortly after the foto was taken, and never
      rebuilt, as the new pier was under
      construction at the time.

      Farmer Dano's sheep ranch is off in the
      distance just behind the trees on the right.
      The town of Greater Wazoo is to the left,
      about 1/4 smile.

      Brings back menories of a childhood
      long gone.....Thanks Charley!

      Prez Bill
      Wazoo Island Rwy.
    • Charley Lix
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
        Bill ,
        Of Wazoo .. Leader of the greater Wazoovian independence movement .. Fighter
        for all that is good and right !

        ----------
        >From: bilwil@...

        > Good shot! This scene is immediately to the right (West) of the present pier as
        >you debark from the boat. The area hasn't changed much from the
        >time the foto was taken. The old rails are still there,
        > Brings back menories of a childhood long gone.....Thanks Charley!

        I was told by the old man of the Wazoo .. the Honorable { venerable }
        Reverend William U.M. Billicus Wilson .. that Bill {the third }.. Of Wazoo
        was indeed present as this old scene was exposed to the coated glass .. .
        albiet as a infant ... It has been remarked that over time the islanders
        have noted that Bill { the third } has a fantastic memory for the good
        things .. It seems that the memory fades a bit when relating to the
        daughters of the local parish priest .. and others . But I digress .. It may
        well be that he remembers this scene in it's heyday .. or maybe he just
        remembers playing there as a lad .. among the boscage and ruined Railway
        plant .

        Have Fun - Charley
        Co - founder of the MGER list
        'Excelsior Estate , .. ..