Early book chapters on laying NG & tramlines, also ordering light locomotives

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2012

      For all you practical men & women

      This book contains all kinds of basic weights & measures. In it is the above-mentioned NG information, and also useful stuff like how many barrels fit in box cars, capacity of dump cars etc. This could all potentially help with modelling more realistically.

      I like the chapter on NG and tramlines, as it answers questions like "how many ties per mile" etc.

      Useful information for practical men (1893)

      I hope you can use it. This was a serendipitous discovery (a fluke in Australian terms) from the wonderful wayback machine

      regards

      Geoff Potter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2012
        Geoff:

               Very interesting information. Specialy on wooden rails and specifi use of types of locomotives.
               Thank you!

                                               Daniel

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012
          Oh, Well done, Geoff!    From a practical guy in Canada, many thanks for posting this goldmine!

          John Le Forestier,
          Littleton and Smallville Railroad, now on Google maps, Toronto
          http://tinyurl.com/gardenrailroad