Re: [FS32NGModelrail] 1:32 Japanese Car Models

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
      John,

      I agree. I bought a few kits, mainly mid 50s and early 60scars that look a bit like copies of Hillmans that came to Australia.

      I have yet to build them, but the mouldings are good and the detail level quite nice.

      Geoff

      I bought a couple Arii kits when I was in Japan recently visiting my daughter. They are cheap [about $10] and good quality and also have small scenic roadside details included though some of these I've only seen in Japan. I liked the small K 3 and 4 wheelers. Even if you are not into early Japanese cars they look good as background items in this scale.

      Cheers
      John

    • rd_etropal
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
        I have had a few of these kits, bought through eBay.All were 3 wheel vehicles which made ideal conversions to rail power. I even converted one of the smallest vehicles using the Bachmann Underground Ernie Inspection unit chassis, and kept it DCC chipped. I plan to use them on a French themed layout(assume the vehicles came via what is now known as Vietmam, previously a French colony I believe)