Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Ewa Plantation

  • Richard Gardner
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2011
      Thank y'all for your diligent replies.

      I did not expect as many... just goes to show...

      I'll try and address all who responded. (in no particular order)

      I don't live in OZ, I live in N'awlins.

      I have seen the book on the Louisiana sugar canes. I have not seen it for sale lately, at least at a price I could afford. I got my copy from the library back when people did libraries. At the time, I found it interesting but wasn't into the genre then. I will have to renew my search for this book. My all time favorite loco is the Godchaux Plantation 2-6-0. There are pictures in Butler's book, drawings in the Gazette and I was able to photograph it in Edaville some time ago. It has been restored and is currently being used on a Japanese tourist railroad. In the distant future, I'll look into modeling it in 3/8n2 using the B'mann Mogul.

      I have copies of the Gazette drawings for boxcar #3 and a typical plantation sugar cane car by Jim Dunlop. The drawings are most useful even though there are discrepancies between the two. (the boxcar and cane car are allegedly from the same frame but not verified)

      Most of the links to photos  were the ones I had seen, but thanks for looking for me. Although searching the net is not rocket science, there seems to be a trick to it...

      The book references were good too.

      The baldwin catalog was useful as well...

      Although the Ewa Plantation was 3' gauge, I intend to model it in true 2' gauge using a .75" gauge track in 1:32 scale.

      Richard from N'awlins