Useful Railroad structure texts from Wayback machine

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2011

      Railroad structures and estimates (1918)

      Coaling stages, oil houses, watchman's shanty... lots of potential projects.

      Buildings and structures of American railroads. A reference book for railroad managers, superintendents, master mechanics, engineers, architects, and students (1893)

      http://www.archive.org/details/buildingsstructu00berguoft

      Detailed chapters on all kinds of railroad structures from bridges, culverts to watchmen's shanties, cattle yards, freight houses, stations. Well illustrated.

      Maintenance of way and structures (1915)  Google scan

      http://www.archive.org/details/maintenancewaya02willgoog

      The design of mine structures (1912) Google scan

      http://www.archive.org/details/designminestruc02ketcgoog

      Note that the google scans may be challenging to download in full to your computer. I suggest that you simply print the pages you require. Alternatively copy the image from the "read online" version, drop it into a word document, and save it from there.

      I am going to spend some time trying to work out the way to fully download google scans when I get the time.

      enjoy!

      Geoff Potter

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
        Geoff:

               Great sources of prototype information.
               Thank you for sharing.

                                Daniel

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2011
          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Potter <potgeoff@...> wrote:

          > Note that the google scans may be challenging to download in full to your computer. I suggest that you simply print the pages you require. Alternatively copy the image from the "read online" version, drop it into a word document, and save it from there.
          >
          > I am going to spend some time trying to work out the way to fully download google scans when I get the time.
          >
          > enjoy!
          >
          > Geoff Potter

          Hi Geoff,

          have a look at the left frame in the archive.org window. Thre you will find this: All Files: HTTP - Behind this link you get access to all available document formats including pdf and even better, the original scans.

          Peter
        • Geoff Potter
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2011
            Peter and others who pointed out this trick.

            It works a treat, and i can now happily download Google documents on the Wayback Machine,

            cheers
            Geoff