Threshing rather than thrashing

  • clausoggitte@nielsen.mail.dk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi all
      While not particularly railway related I'm currently assembling a threshing machine to fill up the (yet unbuilt and purely imaginary) contry roads around Nystrup. Consider the model as 'off topic'.

      The kit is from Model Tractors and in white metal with some etched and lost wax moulded brass parts. You can see a status on my build on http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/sets/72157627397262407/

    • John Le Forestier
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        The King's English would have us say threshing but on the farms of Ontario at least, it's pronounced thrashing.....

        God only knows why.

        John Le Forestier,
        Littleton and Smallville Railroad, now on Google maps, Toronto
        http://tinyurl.com/gardenrailroad

        While not particularly railway related I'm currently assembling a threshing machine to fill up the (yet unbuilt and purely imaginary) contry roads around Nystrup. Consider the model as 'off topic'.

        The kit is from Model Tractors and in white metal with some etched and lost wax moulded brass parts. You can see a status on my build on http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/sets/72157627397262407/

      • Hans Hammarsten
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
          Wow Claus, I didn't know there was such models, I like them to.

          Here's a film clip I just put up on YouTube for You, hope the link works

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHHNytK3E4Y&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

          Hilsen
          Hans

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
            Claus:

                     Once more you are combining your fine skills with originality. I've never seen such a kit before but it brings up lots of ideas. I think it won't pass much time until you start that new scene for that machine.
                     Thank you for sharing!

                                          Daniel