Westlake Publishing Forums

  • james_sullivan48
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2011
      I had not been there in a while and after the recent messages decided to take a peek. This is the message I found...

      News: REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Our server has disabled any attempt to use the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for an existing forum member to vouch for you and for that existing member to send me a private e-mail about you along with your e-mail address. I will reply with a request for photos and complete contact information as well as some direct communication to prove that I am dealing with a hobbyist who deserves to be here. If that puts you off, too bad; I'm a meanie. Anybody worth being here won't find it a burden. -- Russ

      Well, he says it all. He's mean and apparently doesn't want new members on the forum. What if you don't know any present members to vouch for you? Guess I can't join either and I'm not worth being there.

      Hmmm...guess he doesn't want any more of my hard-earned dollars for his rather high dollar publications either. Up to this point I was willing to spend them part of the time. I think no more. I'm a meanie, too.

      Oh well, that makes another publisher I don't have any need for.

      James Sullivan
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2011
        Wow! I didn't see that before!

        In this case, Bill, send me some pictures of your work and some information about yopurself and I will forward it inviting you.

        I realy regret they are acting that way. I supose something wrong happened and caused all that. I can't believe they are realy thinking they are a kind of "elite" above us, simple modelling people.

        Very strange.

                            Daniel

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2011
          James and all,

          thanks for your comments on my little diorama. I will be updating the pictures on the Westlake Forum with some progress shots soon

          Just to clarify the situation on the Westlake Forum... The site has been a target for hackers and spammers have been using the automated application section of the website to deluge Russ with thousands of fake applications which effectively disabled his email. Russ has disabled that part of the website to save the forum from destruction. If anyone here wants to join up shoot me an email and I'll forward it to Russ. There is no mean or superior attitude as suggested here.

          I suggest you check your facts before passing judgement on others

          Kind regards

          James

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2011
            Golly gee James S., I guess he told you! Remember that dioramas trump layouts any time. At least in some realms.
            Now, back to some real model railroading.
                               Woodie

            thanks for your comments on my little diorama. I will be updating the pictures on the Westlake Forum with some progress shots soon

            Just to clarify the situation on the Westlake Forum... The site has been a target for hackers and spammers have been using the automated application section of the website to deluge Russ with thousands of fake applications which effectively disabled his email. Russ has disabled that part of the website to save the forum from destruction. If anyone here wants to join up shoot me an email and I'll forward it to Russ. There is no mean or superior attitude as suggested here.

            I suggest you check your facts before passing judgement on others

            Kind regards

            James

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "james_sullivan48" <forneyfan48@...> wrote:

            > I had not been there in a while and after the recent messages decided to take a peek. This is the message I found...
            >
            > News: REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Our server has disabled any attempt to use the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for an existing forum member to vouch for you and for that existing member to send me a private e-mail about you along with your e-mail address. I will reply with a request for photos and complete contact information as well as some direct communication to prove that I am dealing with a hobbyist who deserves to be here. If that puts you off, too bad; I'm a meanie. Anybody worth being here won't find it a burden. -- Russ
            >
            > Well, he says it all. He's mean and apparently doesn't want new members on the forum. What if you don't know any present members to vouch for you? Guess I can't join either and I'm not worth being there.
            >
            > Hmmm...guess he doesn't want any more of my hard-earned dollars for his rather high dollar publications either. Up to this point I was willing to spend them part of the time. I think no more. I'm a meanie, too.
            >
            > Oh well, that makes another publisher I don't have any need for.
            >
            > James Sullivan

          • James Sullivan
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2011
              Well, I've had my hinnie spanked!

              I think it's time I took my little red wagon home since I can't play well with others.

              From: James Coldicott <james_coldicott@...>
              To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:39 AM

              James and all, thanks for your comments on my little diorama. I will be updating the pictures on the Westlake Forum with some progress shots soon Just to clarify the situation on the Westlake Forum... The site has been a target for hackers and spammers have been using the automated application section of the website to deluge Russ with thousands of fake applications which effectively disabled his email. Russ has disabled that part of the website to save the forum from destruction. If anyone here wants to join up shoot me an email and I'll forward it to Russ. There is no mean or superior attitude as suggested here. I suggest you check your facts before passing judgement on others Kind regards James --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "james_sullivan48" <forneyfan48@...> wrote: > > I had not been there in a while and after the recent messages decided to take a peek. This is the message I found... > > News: REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Our server has disabled any attempt to use the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for an existing forum member to vouch for you and for that existing member to send me a private e-mail about you along with your e-mail address. I will reply with a request for photos and complete contact information as well as some direct communication to prove that I am dealing with a hobbyist who deserves to be here. If that puts you off, too bad; I'm a meanie. Anybody worth being here won't find it a burden. -- Russ > > Well, he says it all. He's mean and apparently doesn't want new members on the forum. What if you don't know any present members to vouch for you? Guess I can't join either and I'm not worth being there. > > Hmmm...guess he doesn't want any more of my hard-earned dollars for his rather high dollar publications either. Up to this point I was willing to spend them part of the time. I think no more. I'm a meanie, too. > > Oh well, that makes another publisher I don't have any need for. > > James Sullivan >
            • Vince Bradley
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2011

                Isn’t this getting silly?  Time to get back to building and enjoying.

                Vincent

                From: James Coldicott <james_coldicott@...>
                To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:39 AM

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2011
                  James:
                             It was me who posted the link to your page. You are doing great work and I just wanted to share it with my fellows here.
                             I'm glad you explained what's happening with the forum.

                                                         Daniel