    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 392 KB
    Hi all:

           Does someone have information about this tipe of machines (see attachment) from the period 1890-1920?

           This one is from an old O&K catalogue but I would like to have more details.
           Other machines appropiate for a car repair shed or a loco shed from same period will be also welcome.

                                Daniel
  • Hans Hammarsten
    Message 2 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
      It looks like a drill to me, and by the looks of it is driven by foot "pedeling" (might not be the right word) just like old sewing machine.
      /Hans

      Message 3 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
        Hans:

              Yes, it is an O&K dril press from an old catalogue. but I wouldlike to get some drawing or at leas photos so I can see more detail before making the design for 3D printing. The forge (both versions the common one and the portable) are almost ready.

                                Daniel

      • byrondtx@prodigy.net
        Message 4 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
          Daniel:

          It looks very similar to a belt powered drill press I have in my O scale machine shop.

          Byron Davey

          Message 5 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

            Message 6 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

              Message 7 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                Message 8 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                  Message 9 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                    Message 10 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                      Message 11 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                        Message 12 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                          Message 13 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                            Message 14 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                              Message 15 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                                Message 16 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

                                  Message 17 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
                                    OK sorry I missunderstod.
                                    I'll see what I can come up with

                                    Message 18 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
                                      Byron:

                                            Thank you.

                                           I hope you have not fallen on your keyboard: I've received 13 times the same message from you!!!

                                                                                                       #:-)

                                           Could you post some pictures of it?

                                      Message 19 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
                                        Hans:

                                             I don't get it: sorry for what?

                                             I think you are right. Actualy I didn't noticed it is foot operated and couldn't  explain the double pedal.

                                                                Daniel.

                                        Message 20 of 21 , Aug 8, 2011

                                          Daniel,

                                          Before the advent to small powerful and inexpensive electric motors all equipment was driven by a belt.  This is a common example of a belt driven drill press with a moveable table (up and down)  Had one myself not so long ago which had been converted to electric.

                                          Vincent Bradley

                                          Message 21 of 21 , Aug 8, 2011
                                            Vincent:

                                                Thank you. To be honest until Hans' post I thought it was one of those machines powered by a belt from a common axle above. never heard before of these ones. Beautyful!