RE: [FS32NGModelrail] Ideas and Inspiration...

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 3, 2011

      I think the main reason I like these narrow gauge trains so much is they remind me of the very narrow gauge riding trains I rode as a child in the 1940’s. They were at amusement parks and even in a Chicago department store one Christmas week. Naturally everything was scaled down to fit the gauge of the track but it was a great thrill for me to ride the train. I believe the one in the department store was only 15 inch gauge and I am sure it was battery operated since it was in the store itself. It was a great way to keep us rugrats occupied while mom could do her shopping.

      These full size 60cm gauge trains always bring back the feelings I had for the trains back then. I have liked trains ever since. Also, the fact that I could hear the mournful wail of the stream locomotive whistles in the middle of the night as the C&NW railroad trains passed by a few miles away also kept the love of trains burning.

      These real 60cm trains always leave me with the feeling that I am seeing just a large toy train.

      Stephen

      Från: henrik laurell <henrix72se@...>
      Ämne: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Ideas and Inspiration...
      Till: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Datum: onsdag 3 augusti 2011 11:20

      http://www.westonlangford.com/images/photo/112734/

      These locos were nice! Haven't seen this type with a closed cab before.

      /Henrik

      ps! You can go directly to http://www.westonlangford.com/search/?q=lune+river  to see the list you were looking for.

      On 3 August 2011 10:21, Nathan Badcock <nbadcock00@...> wrote:

      Daniel,
      Sorry for the belated reply!
      unfortunately i have only been able to find a few web based images of the public viewing type,
      see: http://www.westonlangford.com/search/
      and search "lune river" without the quotation marks.

      i'm wanting to replicate the main terminus and engine shed of this very charachterful little railway, check it out! :)

      Cheers,
      Nathan