Daniels machine

  • sandyshobby
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
      Hi Daniel,

      I think it is a cement mixer (bettoniere - french) so the skip under the machine would be to take the mixed cement to wherever it was wanted.

      Regards

      Sandy Sanbrook

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
        Brian:

              I don't know. It looks as it was used for loading the skips but the size and position of the bucket aloud just a small load at a time. It is portable so one must figure it was used as a moving device. I've never seen any picture showing such a machine, not even in France, and I asure you I've seen more than a couple pictures of n.g. operations.
              The only two ways I can imagine for loading such a machine is by hand or through a belt conveyor. I've ofeten seen portable conveyors and, again, they were always loaded by hand.
              It would be great is someone could post a picture showing a similar machine in operation.
              It would also help if someone can translate the text.

                              Daniel

        > I've found this beautifull machine (se attache picture) in an old
        > Decauville catalogue but can't realy understand it's function. It
        > seems it just partialy replaces the work of wotkers loading the skips
        > by hand...but the machine bucket must anyway be loaded by hand except
        > if a conveyor is being also used. Dies someone have any description of
        > it's use?

        Perhaps the skip rails usually extended further down into some sort of
        pit or excavation?

        --
        Brian Rumary
        England

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
          Sandy:

               Aha! That makes sense. I see there is a big wheel at the top and that could be part of a mixer mechanism. There is also a hopper behind the wheel so the load was certainly droped into it and mixed before droped into the skips.