    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
    • 1.1 MB
    Hi all:

          I've found this beautifull machine (se attache picture)

     in an old Decauville catalogue but can't realy understand it's function. It seems it just partialy replaces the work of wotkers loading the skips by hand...but the machine bucket must anyway be loaded by hand except if a conveyor is being also used. Dies someone have any description of it's use?

       Thank you.

                           Daniel
  • Brian Rumary
    Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
      On 03/08/2011 13:43, daniel caso wrote:
      > I've found this beautifull machine (se attache picture) in an old
      > Decauville catalogue but can't realy understand it's function. It
      > seems it just partialy replaces the work of wotkers loading the skips
      > by hand...but the machine bucket must anyway be loaded by hand except
      > if a conveyor is being also used. Dies someone have any description of
      > it's use?

      Perhaps the skip rails usually extended further down into some sort of
      pit or excavation?

      --
      Brian Rumary
      England
      Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
        Hi Daniel,

        I think it is a cement mixer (bettoniere - french) so the skip under the machine would be to take the mixed cement to wherever it was wanted.

        Regards

        Sandy Sanbrook

        Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
          Brian:

                I don't know. It looks as it was used for loading the skips but the size and position of the bucket aloud just a small load at a time. It is portable so one must figure it was used as a moving device. I've never seen any picture showing such a machine, not even in France, and I asure you I've seen more than a couple pictures of n.g. operations.
                The only two ways I can imagine for loading such a machine is by hand or through a belt conveyor. I've ofeten seen portable conveyors and, again, they were always loaded by hand.
                It would be great is someone could post a picture showing a similar machine in operation.
                It would also help if someone can translate the text.

                                Daniel

          Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
            Sandy:

                 Aha! That makes sense. I see there is a big wheel at the top and that could be part of a mixer mechanism. There is also a hopper behind the wheel so the load was certainly droped into it and mixed before droped into the skips.