Doorst.: [On30conspiracy] Acrylic paint thinning for novices

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2011
      Some work methods are realy friendly. See the message below.

                          Daniel

      I use Vodka for my airbrush acrylics.  The water content isn't an  important negative until you hit less than 25% alcohol, which is 50 proof.  100 proof Vodka is 50% alcohol and 50% water.  The alcohol's purpose is to reduce the surface tension of the water so that the airbrush spray atomizes readily, doesn't bead up on the body, helps accelerate the drying time of the atomized spray and few belts on the side reduces other tensions, too.

      Lew Matt

    • Dr. Mario Bernkopf - BBF GmbH
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
        In Jamaica they have a drink called "Jungle Juice", 90+ percent proof rum. Supposed to end parties when required.

        Would that work, too?

        Mario

        Weinstadt
        Germany