James-art 1:32 Planet 10 HP - coming sometime, perhaps in 2011

  • velotrain
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but on p.36 of the May/June NG Gazette there is a small ad for U.K.-based james-art.com. The ad identifies the engine as the F.C. Hibbard & Co. #1568 of 1927, but the website has it as a Planet 10 HP, to be available for 18, 20, and 24 inch gauges.

      The home page makes it clear that James is primarily a RR artist, but had apparently decided to branch out into 1:32 kits. There are photos of an in-development figure, allegely a Sand Hutton driver, but there are also sections for structures and rolling stock. The only thing actually for sale at this point is a very small cast-plaster-sided NG engine shed kit, and another structure is "due early 2011", with a very short 4-wheel wagon slated for summer. The engine shed looks quite nice, but after a previous bad experience I don't do plaster. As with many new manufacturers, it looks like things are taking longer to come together than he anticipared, but this could be a promising line for the future.

      Charles