Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Possible Junk Mail - links no text

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
      Kim, Frolin and all:

                              I apologize. I thought everyone would reccognize Mario's site in the link as I do.
      But you are right and it won't happen again.

                                Daniel

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
        Hi Daniel,
        No complaints here.
        yes, you have posted many links to Mario's sites over the years and the word Modvid is universally the clue to his sites. He posts to other groups with a minimum of info himself. I'm unaware of you ever posting spam, so the criticism is not really justified.

        regards
        Ron

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
          Ron:

               Thank you.
               Any way I didn't feel offended. I understand Kim's worries because the last days have been really an increddible ammount of spam in many train related groups.
               I understand just nothing about computers so I asked an expert to instal a good filter after twice this year I was forced to bring mine to the shop because of virus melding. (And each time cost a lot of euros!). So, yes, I take care about viruses and spam.

                            Daniel

          yes, you have posted many links to Mario's sites over the years and the word Modvid is universally the clue to his sites. He posts to other groups with a minimum of info himself. I'm unaware of you ever posting spam, so the criticism is not really justified.

          regards
          Ron

          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

          > Kim, Frolin and all:
          >
          >                         I apologize. I thought everyone would reccognize Mario's site in the link as I do.
          > But you are right and it won't happen again.
          >
          >                           Daniel
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Frolin Marek
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
            --- daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

            > Kim, Frolin and all:
            >
            >                         I apologize.
            > I thought everyone would reccognize Mario's site
            > in the link as I do.

            Daniel,

            Maybe you have confused your posts with the ones in the various groups this week from 'Dwayne' which, have no Subject and no Text in the message. These are the two that were questioned.

            Was not referring to you link messages, these go to some great model railroad pages and really have been enjoying them!

            But yes, good rule and concept is to preceed links with a sentence or two, or three, to say what it is. And of course a good message starts with a good Subject line too. The two messages from Dwayne had neither, not to mention non-railroad links to questionable sites.

            Funny though maybe... we laugh at kids for 'texting' with abbreviations and codes, when many adults type emails and group messages with poor grammer, or half sentences. he-he-he

            Frolin
          • kim marsh
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
              no big deal with any posting the personal touch makes all the difference .i feel that this site has become the home for ghost links lately and eventually viruses get in .
              cheers kim

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
                Frolin:

                         Actualy the only reason not to write some words with every mail I send to the group was I thought it would bother many people because I've been sending lots of mails with links to thios group. A few words with each of them would have been a lot, really a lot of words. But I agree, it is better to write at least some words so everybody knows it is not spam.
                        Also what Kim said makes sense: the personal touch may be inmportant to some fellows.
                        Again, it wasn't lazyness but prudence.

                          Daniel