      From: Brian <rallim56@...>
      Subject: RE: [FS32NGModelrail] Gable Bottom Side Dump Coal Wagon
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 9:16 PM

      Daniel,
      The rod going through the hinge is .6mm thick,, the strapping is 1/16"w. x 1/64" and loops back over on the door which is 1.2mm. thick, so the hinge wall itself will be  .696875mm. [.027"] thick, which is plenty thick enough for strength, the pewter that the fellow uses that does the casting is fairly high grade pewter.
      I was never intending to cast them in brass as the cost would make it unviable.

      Brian Millar

      Qld.Aust.

      From: Brian <rallim56@...>
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, January 3, 2011, 11:58 PM

      Hi All,
      I have just joined the group, some of you already know me, but for those that don't I am Brian from Australia.
       I have posted some photos of a model Gable bottom coal wagon, I hope to eventually release this as a kit, cast in pewter. The special thing about this wagon is that it flexes the same way as a prototype wagon does, the entire wagon is held together with 2 rods running lengthwise, when I release the kit, it will come with 9.5mm. curly spoke wheels with blunt axles and bearings, the blunt axles are a necessity, because of the the flex, you will be able to fit Kadee #4 couplers if desired, or Alexander Link & Pin couplers, and it will also come with a special dumb buffer which will fit over the end detail and allow you to have hook and ring type coupling.

      The doors are fully operational, the wagon empties out the coal within a
      couple of seconds when the 4 door hooks are unlocked.

      I will be doing something soon with the wagon, I have to make some adjustments, on the wagon, and I will be then getting castings made, I have no idea at this time of the price, but my aim is to try to keep them as cheap as possible.
      The wagon will be able to use any type of coupling, including Kadee's, when I release the kit for sale, you will be able to order it with either a Link & Pin type coupling, Dumb Buffer with either Hook & Ring type coupling, or overhead link coupling, and also a suitable fitting to allow the use of Kadee type couplings.

      Brian Millar

      Qld.Aust.

      No virus found in this message.