      From: jamesc0ldicott <james_coldicott@...>
      Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: New 1:32 Industrial Supplier
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 1, 2010, 1:22 PM

      Thanks All for your responses,

      I've posted some pics of my 20" gauge models in the album named <James' models>.

      Dick has most of the prints but he is out of Gilpin Tram prints- he'll have new stock next week. Don't know about the models- for now they are only available from my website.

      agreed- there is no current market for 18" gauge 1:32 railways but this is an untapped treasure trove of wonderful prototypes and as I said, most of the 18" gauge kits will be available in 16.5mm gauge. To my mind an 18" loco looks and feels much better on 16.5mm gauge- having said that all the 2 foot kits will be available in 19.05mm(3/4") 16.5mm and 14.02 mm gauges. I'm working on 18" and 20" gauge ready made portable track panels so it will be possible to buy a 'train set' and get running very quickly. Turnouts will take much longer but if things pan out they will come given time.

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Woodie Greene <mogollonry@...> wrote:
      > James-it really doesn't matter which scale/gauge you choose, I am a dedicated scratchbuilder and will go "my own way". I also know that very few are interested in US prototype models in 1:32/1:35 scale. Over these few years, I have found 1:35 figures that scale out nicely in 1:32 scale and vice/versa so I tend to use the scale(s) as I see fit. I would suggest that you consider 16.5MMÂ gauge or 3/4"(On3) gauge for rolling stock since that is what most use. 18" is cool, but few would be modeling that. Just my opinion.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic