      From: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Woodie Greene
      Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 11:16 AM
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Which scale

      On the "scale issue" 1:32/1:34/1: 35...most items from 1:32 and 1:35 can be used together, the one "glaring" difference is in automobiles. I tend to use 1:32 scale die cast autos & trucks since they are readily available and inexpensive, 1:32 auto kits also. There are some fine 1:35 trucks made for military uses which are large enough to fit into the scene. I bought a 1:35 scale Model T kit which was a WW1 ambulance wagon, built it, and then compared it to a nice die cast or Lindberg kit for a 1:32 Model T and there was a very noticable difference! The 1:35 kit was then used for a trackside "junk" scene. This may be the one example I have seen of a scale difference. Human figures come in various sizes so mixing the scales is no big deal. However, as I stated a while back, the nice Preiser 1:32 figures seem to be modeled on very tall males. Their female figures fit quite well with 1:35 figures...but the men look to be US basketball star material in
      comparison. By using 1:35 as my "default" scale, I can run Shay locomotives, Garratts, etc. on 16.5MM gauge-24" gauge but changed to 1:32 scale, such motive power would be a little large for 20" gauge. Just my observations. Woodie