      From: ianj0trains <ianaj@...>
      Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Which scale ( Was : Priming MDF)
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 10:59 AM

      Hi Daniel,

      Can I suggest you consider 9mm scale, which is close enough to 1/34 that it's not worth quibbling over. (For the pedants, it's 1:33.833 according to my calculations. )

      It's already used in several countries to model 3'6" gauge trains on 32mm track, and is close enough to 1:35 that all the military models can be used. The discrepancy between 1:35 and 9mm scale is 3.45%, and the discrepancy between 1:32 and 9mm scale is 5.72%, so models from all three scales can be used with care together if the "base" scale is 9mm. Whereas 1:32 and 1:35 scale differ by 9.38%, really a bit too much for most items. Again for the pedants, all my calculations were done using the following formula, {larger scale minus smaller scale} divided by the smaller scale.

      I'm also agitating (politely !!) for a small NG steam loco kit to be produced in that scale, which I feel would help to kick it along, but that is another story.

      Cheers

      Ian J

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@ yahoogroups. com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

      > Claus:
      >
      >     Nice to know you are having a good experience with the kits.
      >     I hope we'll see plenty of pictures soon.

      SNIP