7737Re: My first plaster casting...

  • Robin
    Jan 3, 2010
      Hi Hans, is this plaster of paris, or some other material like wall filler which can be purchased at a local hardware store?
      A few years ago I tried with a premade light wall filler over a wooden frame,which once dried was quite hard to engrave/inscribe random stone on to. I have never compleated it.I'll add a couple of photographs of it one of these days.
      for your first try you did a good job.I am not too good at this stuff how did you make your mold.
      Regards,
      Robin.

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Hans Hammarsten <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

      > Hi to You all on this new 2010.
      > Just did my first casting in plaster for my loco shed
      > it's a near (very near) copy of Marcel Ackle's loco shop in G scale,
      > You my find it at  http://www.feldbahn-modellbau.ch/
      > I just loved it and thought I should give it a go on that one.
      >
      > My first casting didn't work like I wanted it to, my way was the wrong way.
      > I thought I could do a print out of an mirror image of my drawing, and draw lines with a collored pen and cast directly on to that one, but that didnt work. But to rescue my first casting I starded carving away on it
      > And I think it will work.
      > I put in some pictures in my Photo file " A Test shot..."

      > Best regards to you all.
      > Hans Hammarsten

      > Ta semester! - sök efter resor hos Kelkoo.
      > Jämför pris på flygbiljetter och hotellrum här:
      > http://www.kelkoo.se/c-169901-resor-biljetter.html?partnerId=96914052

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic