7174Re: Wrightlines 7mm / 1:32 skip

  • Kevin
    Oct 4 3:47 AM
      I can't speak for 19mm gauge, but I've successfully regauged a couple
      of underframes that date from back in the era when Roy was producing
      them to 18mm gauge, and there's still plenty of space left between
      the outside of the wheelsets and the inside of the frame: the opening
      inside the frame is 24.25mm, although the flanges on the bearing
      bushes intrude into this slightly. Of course, this assumes there were
      no changes made subsequently under Wrightlines' ownership.

      Kevin Crosado
      De Selby Research

      On 4/10/2009, at 10:08 PM, FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Will the chassis on the Wrightline's skip allow the fitting of 19mm
      > ie 2ft gauge wheels?

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic