7162Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Wrightlines 7mm / 1:32 skip

    Oct 2 7:07 AM
      Daniel & all-I built and reviewed for a magazine the 1:32 v tippers from Mr Van Winkle's firm a few years ago and they are/were fine models with accurate details. However, since I operate outside in the sunlight, the plastic buckets lasted one day in the sun! I still have the bogies on a siding but the plastic buckets reside at the bottom of a canyon to represent wrecks. I have learned some hard lessons as to what works out on my railroad and what doesn't. My Daniel Caso laser MDF kits operate on the layout and have actually spent several nights outside under the stars and show no damage. The MDF must be properly sealed and painted, and I do not advocate leaving such fine models outside but they seem to have "weathered" the hot Texas sun.  I do not know if any of this has helped anyone, I just wanted to write something.        Woodie

      --- On Fri, 10/2/09, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

      From: daniel caso <d.caso@...>
      Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Wrightlines 7mm / 1:32 skip
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 5:09 AM

          Thank you for the specifications.

           Are the plastic kits you mention still available? So yes, where?

           I bought years ago a batch from  Wrightlines and not being skilled for accurate soldering I gave the task of soldering the brass buckets to an "artist" here who wanted to be paid in advance. So I did just to regret it because once soldered no rivet detail was left.
      So I ended with a dozen of frames to be used as boguies.
           Since then my soldering skills have improved a little but still I would prefer the plastic ones.

           Thank you.