6501Re: Phosphor bronze rail

  • Susie Frith
    Jan 2, 2009
      About 30 years ago here in the UK a firm called SMP did pb rail. It was
      aimed at the 4mm modeller and was probably about code 80. The rail was
      available on its own or on a flexitrack base for either 00 or EM. As
      far as I know it was only bull-head, but it might have been available
      as flat-bottom too.

      Hope this helps,

      Susie

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Evan James" <bce@...> wrote:

      > I have seen the use of phosphor bronze rail to depict little used
      track, but still maintaining
      > electrical contact, mention from time to time, possibly on this group.
      > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get it,
      what sizes are obtainable,
      > and the cost of said rail.
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > evan