      From: Henrik Laurell <henrik@...>
      Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: More Laser cut photos
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 10:32 PM

      I was merely trying to show what this costs.. If you have the skills and
      patience as Daniel has and a good source who has the tools, you get away
      with a lot less... But when you want to make a business of it, you have
      to bill it like this. I admire all the kit makers, it must be passion
      who drives them, cause it can't be money...

      The big issue is that to many compares theses prices with Fleishmann,
      Märkling, LGB or other mainstream makers. But they make thousands of the
      same article, there is no way a small kit maker can compete with that.
      As always it is the preparation and good tools to make molds etc, which
      make the difference. And... of course there is alot more HO / G scale
      buyers, than in our little cute scale.. But, if everyone was building in
      our scale, it wouldn't be as much fun... or :)

      /Henrik

      Stephen Auslender wrote:

      > These prices are not too high when you compare them with American
      > prototype cars in that large scale. Thank you for showing me this
      > site.
      > Stephen
      > --- In FS32NGModelrail@ yahoogroups. com
      > <mailto:FS32NGModel rail%40yahoogrou ps.com>, Henrik Laurell <henrik@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.eisenbah n-modulbau. de/Shop/index. php?act=viewCat& catId=8
      > <http://www.eisenbah n-modulbau. de/Shop/index. php?act=viewCat& catId=8>
      > >
      > > above link gives a hint on what the german kits cost...
      > >
      > > /Henrik
      > >

      > > Daniel Osvaldo Caso wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all:
      > > > I've just posted a few new pictures of things I've designed and
      > > > came from Argentina with the coach and the rest. They are also
      > made
      > > > from 1mm thick MDF. No one of the objects is finished: they all
      > need
      > > > some soft sanding, paint and a proper weathering. But I wanted
      > to let
      > > > you see the reaction of de material to paint. It is pretty ugly
      > but a
      > > > very soft sanding with super fine sandpaper will make wonders.
      > You'll
      > > > see that soon. Of course it is all 1:32 and -because all this was
      > > > just a first try- I made the drawings without following any real
      > > > object but just from my imagination. Now that I know what I can
      > expect
      > > > from laser cutting I will re-design them all following real
      > objects.
      > > >
      > > > Daniel

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic