3701A Summer's Progress

  • Claus Nielsen
    Aug 3, 2004
      Hi all
      Back at work after three weeks hollyday I can claim one project finished and an other near completion. I have finished the Pechot wagon with it's load - a light French FT-17 tank and tried to terminate a long running project - a heavy load trailer with excavator pulled by a Faun-lorry.
      Unfortunately the Faun is not a very good kit. (Resin kit from German Elite Modell). Much work has gone into it, but now my work is almost over. The complete lash-up will be 65 cm. (over 2 ft.) in length and I plan to mount it on a diorama. One day it may fit in on a 1/35 layout?

      I have uploaded photos of the Faun-progress to my Yahoo photopage - http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gaz410/my_photos see the file Faun ZRS. I'm looking forward to your comments.

      Earlier in the summer I got my loco shed module almost finished. I participated in a exhibition in Germany and made frantic efforts to finish the small module before the show. I barely succeded, but could work a bit at the show. So now the module is landscaped all over. Grass is a mix of Heki and Woodland Scenics products. The water tower is scracth built from wood and a plastic tube once containing candy - Smarties - kindly donated by my daughter. Detailed with some plastic wrapping, rivets and bolts it's origin has all but disappeared. The module now needs shrubbery, bushes and a tree. I'm currently working on the tree. The shed needs a new roof and I have to get to grips with interior lights as well.

      That's all for me this time - how about your projects?

      Regards Claus, Copenhagen, 25 degrees C.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic