3595Re: Jack in brass

  • Arnoud Bongaards
    Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Claus,

      Long time no post, how are you? I saw the photo and i think it looks
      great (the brass one)!
      Were did you see/buy them on the web?

      Groeten Arnoud Bongaards - Amsterdam

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Claus Nielsen" <clni@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hi all
      > After having spent an hour and half doing one jack in brass and
      plastic card I'm ready to shout out: Don't buy this set unless you
      are ready to loose your eyesight, get trembling hands and dizzy from
      inhaling CA-glue! My time would have been better spent doing work on
      my loco.

      > The etched brass set is offered by the Polish company Part and
      trades for around 8 $ when you e-shop in Poland. Some of the parts
      are extremely small and fiddely, eg. some bolts a mere millimeter
      across!

      > As far as I'm concerned the result doesn't reward my great
      investment in time. Judge for yourself. The jack is app. 2,5 cm. in
      length when done. The jack is supposed to be fitted to my Carl
      Nielsen-loco currently being built on my work table. Some nice
      brackets to keep the jack in place on vehicles are included in the
      set as well.

      > Please let me know if there are problems with my attatched files.
      In that case I'll upload the photos to the site(s).

      > Regards
      >
      > Claus
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic