      From: Van Roy Gerrit <gvr1@...>
      Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:18:22 +0200
      To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Drawings and Photos wanted

      ScaleLinkDG@... schreef:
      Dans un courrier daté du 02/04/01 11:49:12 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
      massot@... a écrit :

      << Somes ideas :after the PECHOT
      for french peoples a DECAUVILLE 040T or 030T in british notation Withe wooden
      tippers by example
      but 262T Baldwin and Pershing Rolling stocks Seen to be interesting

      The orginal programme set out by ScaleLink for the WW1 series was for a
      Baldwin to be the fourth loco produced (after the Hunslet, the Simplex and
      the Péchot). There is now another French locomotive planned for this year
      (Expométrique), with the Baldwin perhaps next year.

      We have often been asked to produce a Decauville and I think that this is
      very likely to happen. It would be a very useful model not only to military
      modellers but there were so many of them used in French industrial and
      agricultural sites. And still plenty of real ones preserved to measure,
      photograph, etc.

      There is a good article on a Decauville 030T (060T in British Whyte notation)
      in this month's RMF. One possibility would be to make a more "basic" model of
      this than the existing ScaleLink products, i.e. instead of a complete kit
      requiring the builder to assemble the chassis, just a body kit to go on a
      suitable commercially available HO chassis. What do you all think of this?

      Also at ScaleLink, we have somewhere the artwork (for etched brass) of a
      rather cute little tram locomotive. This could probably be done in 1:32 (or
      9mm/ft) at quite low cost if there are enough of you interested. This perhaps
      more suited to metre-gauge (O Gauge chassis). Are any of the group modelling
      at 1:32 scale with 32mm track?

      Cheers,

      Joseph

       Hi Joseph and Michel, very interresting discussion you fellows are having, i do like the idea of a body kit for a SMALL steam loco ( i am sorry Joseph , the Hunslet is just to big and the Péchot to exotic for me ) I have this Italian Rivarossi 3axes shunter loco (wheeldiameter :18mm ,dimensions over axes: 24.5mm ) that would go under a Decaueville loco body kit.For those who seek more "hifinesse " a true scale chassis kit would come in handy, not to mention choice of motor and decoder.Why not start a poll in this group about this subject? You would have some ideas about the number of people that are interrested and are willing to order something.

      Best regards

      Gerrit Van Roy    Antwerpen

      Community email addresses:
       Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com